Thursday, May 13, 2010

Final Reflection



This is my final project for Life Drawing 1
As you can see it is a Portrait of myself drawn with contour lines.
Overall I'm pretty happy with it, I know its not perfect but I feel
I have improved since my previous portraits in the past.


This semester I have seen what it takes to draw structurally to achieve a certain form. The more I draw the more I start to notice planes and how the lines create space within my work. I believe this class has really opened my eyes to how things should be drawn correctly. I feel I have achieved success in just understanding different approaches to take when drawing something three dimensional. I can definitely see this paying off when drawing out product designs in the near future.

The learning of the human body's anatomy was also a cool part about this class. It really made sense when we started to draw the separate parts at first when it came time to draw the whole picture in the end. The live models were also a great bonus to use during class. I was great to see the person right there and learn how to capture their image on paper.

The set of skills I acquired in this class are many. My art of mark making skills has improved in my drawings. I am a heavy handed person. I like to see thick outlines on objects and figures, but i continued to learn to see the true beauty of things when the line weight has a light feel to them. My lines as of right now are still heavy but have been getting skinnier and lighter throughout the past few weeks. I have noticed my lines have change a lot during the quick sketches of the models that we have been doing throughout the semester.

Since the mid term I have continued to learn more patience and to slow down my drawing. I have been putting the line down correctly more times at first instead of scribble it down and search for the right one. My forms and proportions have been quite better due to I now know what I'm looking for to achieve three dimensional objects on paper. Such things as looking for certain muscle groups or spinal shape of the models has improved my overall drawing greatly.

With my chosen field of Industrial Design, I believe i can greatly benefit in the future from taking this class. I can now freely sketch items quickly for concepts and ideations with confidence. I also have the knowledge of creating the human form for use of applying ergonomics to products and structures for use by humans. The overall time spent sketching in class has reopened my passion for sketching and drawing. I want to design for the greater good of mankind. I think knowing how the human body is built and having the knowledge of how to draw it correctly and integrate it in my designs,will greatly pay off for me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment