My Name is Cory Roehl and I'm currently a student studying industrial design at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.
I have a passion for design, machining, fabrication, technology and automobiles.
I have 3 years of work experience as a application/design engineer for CNC Solutions LLC in Watertown, WI www.cncsolutionsllc.com
CNC Solutions LLC is an Automation design company which engineers and integrates automation setups with CNC Machines for a wide variety of businesses throughout the midwest.
There I did a broad range of work. I would take a problem or idea from a job and come up with a solution, design components and various other parts using Solidworks and Autocad. I would then produce part prints for fabrication and machining. I also Machined most of the components we developed or engineered using lathes,mills and CNC machines. I would then travel to customers and install these components inside of CNC Machines and automation cells.
I have experience alot of different areas of expertise with engineering, fabrication, machining,installation, customer service and all aspects of running a business.
I have a passion for automobiles. I recently restored a 1980 CJ7 Jeep from the ground up. I did a frame off restoration and almost removed every bolt in the entire vehicle to replace parts and add upgrades.
Here is the finish product

Now I'm here at UW-Stout to become an Industrial Designer to pursue my dream of creating products.
Im in my Junior year after returning back to school a year and a half ago.
I love being in art classes and having the option of being creative and a problem solver.
Im currently taking classes in Art history, pschology, Design theory and Methods, and Life Drawing 1.
I look forward to Life drawing to expand my horizons to more organic shapes and get away from the squared up engineered mind of drawing geometric shapes.
No comments:
Post a Comment